Vintage Home Living
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
Name: Angie Elliot, Owner
Actions To Date:
- Paper bags
- Tissue wrapping
- Packaging is reused and not thrown away
- Excess packaging is swapped where possible
- Repurposes items which were destined for landfill
- Handmade soy wax candles in glass or recycled china
- Water based, eco friendly paint products
- Extensive recycling and re-use policy
- Working on an alternative to bubble-wrap
“Customers look for it. I’ve commented to customers about the bubble-wrap that I’m using up and they say, yes we’ve started reusing it too. To them it isn’t single use anymore. Although I’m looking for an alternative, they’ve started re-using it.
“It’s not just with the plastic but with all recycling. I try and recycle everything, my lunch tins, bread bags, everything! Most of my suppliers use corn starch now, which is compostable, the cardboard is recycled and if I do get plastic I recycle that too.
“I’ve been aware of it for the almost three years I’ve been trading and it’s the forefront of what I do. I appreciate that not all businesses have the opportunity to do that, but I think the fact that more people are trying to take it on board, well we just can’t go on.